Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Oh my Goodness...OH MY GOODNESS!!!

What an AWESOME book!!!
I mean seriously?? Look at that cover alone!! AMAZING!!

I loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!!

First off, as many know, (of course some don't, that's why I'm saying this), Hush, Hush is not a recent release.  But it's become quite popular since its release in 2009; getting quite a bit of spark about it's subject, characters, and writing.


So what's it about?
Well, it's about Nora, who gets stuck with the weird new kid at school as her biology partner.
Patch is dangerous, yet intriguing at the same time; something Nora has never felt before.
After they are partnered up, weird stuff starts happening to Nora.
First, she always feels as if she is being followed.  Next, she hit this guy/girl who was wearing a ski mask with her car; next, her friend is beaten up after having ran into this same said guy/girl.
After the new school guidance counselor tells Nora to stay away from her lab partner, Nora starts feeling skeptical...what is it about Patch that scares her? But at the same time gets her blood flowing with desire? Is he dangerous or safe? And why does she keep hearing this voice in her head?

Pick up a copy of Hush, Hush to find out all of these answers and more! :)

As some of you may know, just from reading some of my recent posts, I am a HUGE Twilight fan! And even though a lot of fans of Hush, Hush probably will want to kill me after saying this; I thought Twilight and Hush, Hush has a lot in common!

Here's a list:
Similarities:
1. Forbidden love
2. paranormal
3. Main character, Nora, like Bella, is very independent
4. Love interest, Patch, like Edward, is someone who Nora probably shouldn't be around, but can't help herself

Now to some differences, so you don't think this book is too much like Twilight:
Differences:
1. Nora isn't as whiny as Bella (which is something I've noticed is a common ground of dislike when it comes to the Twilight Saga)
2. This book involves fallen angels, not vampires
3. Nora isn't swooning over Patch from the very beginning, like Bella does when she first meets Edward

You see, unlike some readers chose to do, I didn't pick up every vampire book I could find after I had finished reading Twilight back in 2008.  I wasn't interested in reading more, because one, I have never really been a huge fan of vampires, zombies, or anything that is risen from the dead; and two, because I had originally picked up Twilight because I thought it had to do with Snow White (the red apple on the cover :)).

The reason why I fell in love with Twilight so much was because of the love story; and that's why I believe I enjoyed reading Hush, Hush.  That forbidden love thing, it just does something to me!

My overall Rating:



I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and I will write again soon! Most likely it won't be until after Christmas, so Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, or even Happy Winter! Enjoy this beautiful time of year, with your families and friends. :)

The Romance Bookie :)   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick