Twilight Week Day 4 (Eclipse)


Day #4 into Twilight Week, which means: TOMORROW!! TOMORROW!! I LOVE YOU! TOMORROW, IS ONLY A DAY AWAY!!!

Haha just kidding...but no seriously!! The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 is coming out officially TOMORROW!!! Okay, so technically tonight at 10 p.m., but since I won't be able to see it until tomorrow morning, I'll just have to be patient.

Ugh, I'm so bummed that's it's all going to over tomorrow!  The only thing I have to look forward to then, is the DVD release!  And than it's REALLY OVER!! I'll just have to have annual Twilight Marathons!

So anyway, today's review is on Eclipse!

Goodreads Description:

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much-anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga.

My thoughts:
I LOVE this series! So instead of a traditional review where I would go on and on about my love for this book, I'm going to share my favorite quotes!

  • "'It won't be the same for me,' I whispered, half to myself. 'You won't let me be like that.  We'll live in Antarctica.'
"Edward snorted, breaking the tension. 'Penguins. Lovely.'" (pg. 26) (Bella and Edward)

Why?: HAHAHA, Penguins...Get it?? Because they only drink raw animal blood!! HAHAHA love that line! 
  • "'Photographic memory or not, I don't understand why you like it. The characters are ghastly people who ruin each others' lives. I don't know how Heathcliff and Cathy ended up being ranked with couples like Romeo and Juliet or Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy.  It isn't a love story, it's a hate story.'" (pg. 28) (Edward about the novel Wuthering Heights)
 Why?: Well, even though Edward changes his mind later on about Wuthering Heights, this is exactly how I felt after reading that book!  Emily Bronte's story was a depressive hate story, while her sister Charlotte, wrote the TRUE love story in Jane Eyre!
  • "'Ugh!' I groaned. 'I really wish you were not forcing me to say this out loud, Dad. Really. But...I am a...virgin, and I have no immediate plans to change that status.'" (pg. 59) (Bella to Charlie)
Why?: Haha, whenever I read this part I have to think of this scene in the movie, because it was just hilarious!
  • "Emmett had said, 'I'm really glad Edward didn't kill you.  Everything's so much more fun with you around.'" (pg. 93) (Emmett to Bella)
Why?: Emmett is awesome!!
  • "'I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me. Look after my heart -- I've left it with you.'" (Edward in a note to Bella) (pg. 95)
 Why?: Another one of those devastatingly sweet words from Edward!
  • "'I am always interested in everything you do -- but you don't have to tell me unless you want to.'" (pg. 190) (Edward to Bella)
Why?: Ditto (see above)
  • "'Isabella Swan?' He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. 'I promise to love you forever -- every single day of forever. Will you marry me?'" (Edward) (pg. 460)
Why?: Sigh...the sweetest proposal in the history of literature right there!
  • "'It's a good thing you're bulletproof.' I sighed. 'I'm going to need that ring.  It's time to tell Charlie.'" (pg. 620) (Bella to Edward)
Why?: Loved this part in both the book and movie! :)

So that's it from Eclipse, of course, I could say SOOO much more, but let's just leave it at that! :)

Tomorrow...Breaking Dawn review/Favorite Quotes!! And then move ahead to Saturday...REVIEW of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 the MOVIE!!!

It's going to be one bittersweet ending!

Recap of Twilight Week:

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick