Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly Review

I've officially read my first book of 2013!!! Only 99 more to go!!! :)

This first book is called Waking Up Married, and it is by Mira Lyn Kelly!

From Goodreads:
 Waking Up Married

Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well—a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible—been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."


My thoughts:

A cute contemporary novel!  It was a nice simple relaxing read, that didn't need you to be thinking a lot.  However, I was confused at times about the main characters pasts, because the author is pretty cryptic about that.  She later explained, but it was a tad annoying.  
I didn't completely understand the whole marriage bargain...Connor wasn't looking for love, in fact he didn't believe in it, he only wanted a wife and children to take care of, and be there for him and his business.  It was odd though, because he is REALLY sweet!  A bit weird, with the whole love thing, but overall a great guy!
 Megan I didn't understand how she could go through with that sort of arrangement, but I guess each to their own haha. They were a really cute couple though, and the reader should be able to notice right away that they are great together!

Overall rating:

  

It was enjoyable, loved that it was free on Amazon, so I was able to get a finished copy, instead of reading the ARC I had received from Netgalley, instead.  I'd recommend it, if you're looking for a fun easy read.  It's definitely a cute contemporary romance book, and I am glad I read it, because sometimes these are just the types of books a girl needs! :)

The Romance Bookie :) 

Comments

  1. I got this as a kindle freebie too! Glad to hear it's a good read. I'm really hoping I can get to read it this year.

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cute!! Definitely read it when you get a chance! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick