Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Carmack (ARC Review)

***WARNING!!! This Book Contains some Mature Adult Content not Recommended for anyone under the age of 17!!!!***

So before I share with you all my review for Faking It by Cora Carmack, I have something random to share with you all.  So this past weekend, on Saturday I went with a friend to go see The Hangover 3, which btw, is SO much different than the first two!! If you don't already know, that movie is Rated R, which means, technically, no one under the age of 17 is allowed into the theater.  Well, when I went to go buy my ticket, guess what happened?!

THEY ASKED FOR MY ID!!

Now, before you say, "What's the big deal?", well, here's the thing...I haven't been under 17 in over 5 years!! I am going to be 22 in July!!  

I was just reminded of that story as I wrote the big warning above lol, and just had to share!  I mean, honestly, I know I look fairly young, but under 17??? Yeah, I'm not so sure...

Anyway, done with random rant of the day...time for my review...

From Goodreads:


Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.

My Thoughts:

Faking It by Cora Carmack, the second in her Losing It Series, was a pleasant surprise.  As I started this one, all that was going through my head was, "There is no way she can top Losing It", which I reviewed back in December.  Well, she definitely did!

I've mentioned this before, but I absolutely love it when series have each book be about a different main character, yet still incorporate the past characters, and/or involve one of the side characters from the previous novel in the series!  

Faking It is the story of Cade, the friend from school of Bliss, from Losing It.  

Cade starts off being depressed in this one, because he knows he's lost the girl who he thought was the love of his life to someone he just can't compete with...a guy with a British Accent...I mean, honestly, guys that accent is pretty darn sexy!

Anyway, as he's bandaging his wounded heart, Max storms into his life completely out of nowhere desperate for him to pretend to be her boyfriend, because her parents have made an unexpected visit into town.

What better than to use Cade's acting skills?! And to get practice!

Well, soon enough, Cade realizes he may not have to pretend after all.  He realizes, while damaged just like him, from her past, that she's an extraordinarily strong person, who just doesn't realize how strong she is yet!

Overall rating...
I really enjoyed this one!  Honestly, actually more than Losing It, only because it didn't seem to have as much cheesiness to it, like it's predecessor had.  I loved the serious aspects behind the back story of both main characters.  Both complex characters, that may not look like right for one another on the outside, but once they get to know each other, the inside is where they find their true common ground!

Highly recommend this one to fans of Losing It, but also fans of New Adult novels!  Cora Carmack has written a great series so far! 

You can get either preorder or wait until next Tuesday (June 4th) to download or order your copy off of Amazon or Barnes and Noble! :)

The Romance Bookie :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick