Entwined with You (#3 in Crossfire Series) by Sylvia Day

***WARNING!!! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS NOVELS AND CURRENT NOVEL IN SERIES!! PLUS THIS BOOK IS FOR EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 18!!!***

Hey Everyone!!
So I finally finished another book! So sorry it's been taking me a while to read this summer, but I've been enjoying it doing things other than reading for once! :)  Which is sad yet super exciting at the same time!  I hope everyone is enjoying their summer vacation, and if you don't actually get a vacation, sorry!! I hope you're still enjoying some sunshine! :)

So anyway, I read the third book in Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series, Entwined With You, which was released at the beginning of June.

From Goodreads:


The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires… 

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…

My Thoughts:

Honestly, I'm a bit pissed!  I was very excited to finish another series, yet here is another author who has decided to drag it on...and it isn't necessary.

The ending was awful!  Especially for us fans who were looking for this series to end!  Overall, it had some great continuation points for the story, but their were just quite a few things that bothered me.

For instance, has Eva been this whiny throughout the whole series???? Because she reminded me a bit too much of Anastasia from Fifty Shades!

Next, Okay everyone, DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PART IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK!!! It is a SPOILER!!!!!

Why did Sylvia make the wedding so short????  Seriously, it was described in like two paragraphs and then BOOM OVER!    I was genuinely disappointed by that scene.

Overall rating:

 Will I continue reading the series, you may be wondering after reading my thoughts above?  Yes!  Only because of that awful ending!  Am I still pissed she is dragging it out into at least TWO more books? HECK YES!!

If you've read the previous two books in the series, and enjoyed them, read it, but I would recommend reading it when the next novel is either already out in stores or fairly close to be released, because this ending will suck!

Thanks everyone! Talk to you all soon!! I've got a giveaway coming up in the next review, so stay tuned! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Ah so you didn't like it?? I do agree with you about the wedding scene ... and Eva and Gideon have both always been kinda whiny/co-dependent on each other LOL. But she's not AS bad as Anastasia in 50 Shades IMO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick