Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) by Richelle Mead

Happy Sunday everyone!! :)

Goodness, I have spent all day enjoying a nice relaxing day of being lazy!  In fact, I finally got around to finishing the second Vampire Academy book Frostbite!  It's only a bit over a week since I started it, but I was getting a little frustrated that I couldn't continue reading it, when I had to do homework instead...because let me just say, this series is GOOD!!!! I love it so much!! I'm so unbelievably looking forward to reading the next books in the series. In fact, right now I'm holding myself back from going immediately to Barnes and Noble.com and buying right away, because unfortunately I need gas money this week ;(.

Anyway, let me get to the review of Richelle Mead's second book in the Vampire Academy Series, Frostbite!

From Goodreads:


Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose... 

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. 

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...

My Thoughts:

Goodness was this a good book!  The action, the characters, the wittiness! Everything was just so good!

Rose and Dimitri's relationship is heating up...I'm so looking forward to seeing how that goes!! I imagine personally, someone like Ben Barnes ("Prince Caspian" from Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian) or Tyler Blackburn ("Caleb" from the TV series Pretty Little Liars) playing the role.

We actually didn't get as much on Lissa in this one.  I mean she showed up quite a bit, but she wasn't as huge a character as she was in the first one.  Her and Christian are so cute though!!

I really liked the new character introduced, Adrian Ivashkov! He has a lot of intrigue and I can't wait to see how that goes further into details in the coming novels!


Rose's mom, Janine made an appearance in this one, and the whole time I found myself wondering, "Will we ever find out who her dad is???" because you hear about him sometimes, for instance we know he is Turkish, and Rose got her hair from him, but we don't know anything else, because no one will tell Rose anything!

Goodness I'm REALLY looking forward to what this series will bring!! I'm loving it so much!


My overall review:


I highly would recommend this series to not only vampire fans, but also to fantasy/paranormal lovers! I'm honestly not specifically into vampire books, I like all the elements surrounding that book; like the romance, the action, the different takes on the fantasy creatures from authors, etc.  This one has some great elements to it definitely!  Definitely check them out if you haven't already!

Thanks everyone!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick