Guest Post from Erin!!! Author Event featuring Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Shannon Hale and So Many Others! :)

From Erin:

So last Tuesday I was able to attend the launching event for Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's new book Dangerous Creatures!! So a lot of you probably know this, but this is a spin off series from Beautiful Creatures featuring Lena's cousin Ridley (and Link)!

The event was JUST AWESOME!! Not only were Kami and Margaret there, but the amazing Shannon Hale, author of Goose Girl, was the mediator!! And in addition to the panel members, Ally Condie (Matched), Ann Dee Ellis (The End or Something Like That), Christina Hobbs aka the Christina of Christina Lauren (Sweet Filthy Boy), and some others!! I got to talk to Ally Condie and tell her how much I love her books, but unfortunately I haven't read Ann Dee Ellis, and I didn't even recognize Christina Lauren until way afterwards, although I haven't read her books either :(.  There was also a band, Dom Liberati, that played during the signing.








From Left to Right: Kami Garcia, Shannon Hale, and Margaret Stohl

From Left to Right: Christina Hobbs (the Christina from the author duo Christina Lauren), Unknown, Kami Garcia, Shannon Hale, and Margaret Stohl

From Left to Right: Unknown, Kami Garcia, Shannon Hale, Margaret Stohl,  Ally Condie, and Ann Dee Ellis


So, no surprise, Kami, Margie, and Shannon were all so hilarious! The conversations and stories they told were so funny and it was just very natural! You could definitely tell that they were all friends!! They are all super cool authors!  So nice and kind to fans!! I saw Margaret Stohl at the LA Book Fest about a month ago, but it was really fun to see her with Kami!! And Shannon Hale's been kind of my hero since I was eleven, so of course, I was thrilled to finally meet her and she totally was the best!!

Anyways, after the panel, there was, of course, a signing!! I took my copies of Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Chaos (I only have the first and third --don't ask me why, cause I have no idea) as well as Goose Girl and got them signed!!









Anyways, this was a great event! I had so much fun! The only thing I have to complain about is that the music was REALLY loud -- or at least really loud for a book event.  It was just so hard to talk to the authors (or anyone) because you had to yell everything you were saying to be heard over the music.  And the music itself wasn't bad! It was actually good!! It just wasn't right for a signing :).  But all in all, I had a blast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick