Guest Post from Erin: Meeting Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, and Cynthia Hand!

Hey Everyone!

Brodi Ashton (Everneath Series), Jodi Meadows (Incarnate Series), Cynthia Hand (Unearthly Series) Book Event!!

Can you believe it? All three of those authors together in one event!!!! Aah!!! It was basically my dream come true!!

Yay!! So I had been waiting for this event for a long time!! I actually emailed Jodi Meadows telling her how amazing she and her books are (cause I'm a dork like that) and then I casually mentioned that she should stop by Salt Lake City, should she get the chance!! To my delight, Jodi emailed me back and told me that she, Brodi and Cynthia were meeting up in SLC for a writing retreat and that they would be planning an event!! I was so excited!! I, of course, immediately took credit for this phenomenon and told everyone (aka my mom) that I emailed an author and asked her to come to SLC and she totally granted my request!! Okay, so I massaged the truth a little, but still, cool, huh??

So, needless to say, I was SO EXCITED for this event!! Actually, more excited than I was for the Dangerous Creatures one!! And I'm happy to say that it did not disappoint!! Brodi, Jodi, Cynthia were all SOOOO nice and incredibly funny!! They had great stories to tell and they were just so fun to listen to! I think one of my favorite parts was when they started cracking up so hard at this one story/joke that they could barely stop laughing to tell the story!! I mean, how can it get better than that??!! I also loved that it wasn't an overwhelming event --no crowds!!! It was outside in this nice patio area and the people at the event were very nice as well!! I loved that it felt so personal and there was tons of time to talk to the authors!! I only wished I had stayed longer!!

From Left to Right: Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, and Cynthia Hand


So, if you didn't know already, Jodi is a fantastic knitter!! She even spins her own yarn, so yeah, a pro!! This is Sam (character in Incarnate) that she knit!! There is also Ana and a dragon, but I totally forgot to take pictures of those!! But isn't she amazing??

Oh yeah, I should also say, I got to meet Natalie Whipple! Author of The House of Ivy and Sorrow! I haven't read it, but it sounds awesome!! It's definitely on my TBR list! I do have to admit that I didn't recognize her and felt like such a dummy, but she was super nice about it!! :D

And of course, the signing part of it was awesome!! I got my copies of Incarnate, Asunder, and Infinite signed by Jodi Meadows, Unearthly, Hallowed, and Boundless by Cynthia Hand, and Everneath and Evertrue by Brodi Ashton!!

Oh!! And if this wasn't obvious before, I LOVE these authors' books!! All of them!! Definitely, definitely read them!! ;))

Erin @ The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick