Guest Review from Erin: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Hey Everyone!!

From Goodreads:



The Shadow Fold, a swathe of impenetrable darkness, crawling with monsters that feast on human flesh, is slowly destroying the once-great nation of Ravka.

Alina, a pale, lonely orphan, discovers a unique power that thrusts her into the lavish world of the kingdom’s magical elite—the Grisha. Could she be the key to unravelling the dark fabric of the Shadow Fold and setting Ravka free?

The Darkling, a creature of seductive charm and terrifying power, leader of the Grisha. If Alina is to fulfill her destiny, she must discover how to unlock her gift and face up to her dangerous attraction to him.

But what of Mal, Alina’s childhood best friend? As Alina contemplates her dazzling new future, why can’t she ever quite forget him?

Glorious. Epic. Irresistible. Romance.

Erin's Thoughts:

So I've been meaning to read Shadow and Bone for quite a while now! Actually, I read it a few years back, but I realized that I barely remembered anything about it and so a re-read was necessary and...OH MY!! This BOOK IS SO AMAZING!!! I love everything about it!!! The writing is absolutely fantastic and it's so rich and detailed without having the story be a drag!! I loved Alina, Mal, and The Darkling as characters! And while Alina starts off the book as physically weak character, her personality and humor are just right on! I can't say enough good things about this book! I also need to add that these are the most beautiful pages I have ever seen in a book!! The chapter covers and the page number designs are SO PRETTY!!!! I'm sorry I am being so scattered in this review, but just know that this is a book you will not regret reading!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! Such beautiful writing in every aspect, not to mention the story is amazing!! So obviously...

Rating:

There's nothing that was missing from this book that I wanted.  I recommend it to EVERYONE!!! It's such a great book and I cannot even believe that I ever forgot it (in my defense, it has been years!).  Luckily, I have the sequels Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising! (which I started on right away after I finished Shadow and Bone).  And the best part?? The last book of this series, Ruin and Rising, just came out!!! Which means no waiting!!! AND Leigh Bardugo, not too long ago, announced her new series called The Dregs, also set in the Grisha World, which I will definitely be reading as soon as it comes out (Fall 2015, I think!)!

And another bonus? I got to see Leigh Bardugo at the LA Book Fest this past April and she is so funny!! Hilarious! It just makes me appreciate and respect her even more as a person and author!! If you ever get the chance, definitely go to one of her events!!

Erin @The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick