Guest Review from Erin: I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1) by Ann Aguirre (ARC Review)

Hey Everyone!!

From Goodreads:


Nadia Conrad has big dreams, and she's determined to make them come true—for her parents' sake as well as her own. But between maintaining her college scholarship and working at the local day care to support herself, she barely has time to think, let alone date. Then she moves into a new apartment and meets the taciturn yet irresistible guy in 1B…. 

Daniel Tyler has grown up too fast. Becoming a single dad at twenty turned his life upside down—and brought him heartache he can't risk again. Now, as he raises his four-year-old son while balancing a full-time construction management job and night classes, a social life is out of the question. The last thing he wants is for four noisy students to move into the apartment upstairs. But one night, Nadia's and Ty's paths cross, and soon they can't stay away from each other. 

The timing is all wrong—but love happens when it happens. And you can't know what you truly need until you stand to lose it.

Erin's Thoughts:

So if you don't already know, Ann Aguirre is the author of the Enclave Series!  I was surprised, but happy to find out that she was writing a contemporary novel, which is very different from what I've read from her.  Naturally, I was intrigued.  So, I was lucky enough to be sent an ARC of this book (my first EVER!) and I'm super happy I got to read it! :) I really liked the premise of this story.  It immediately reminded me of Back to You by Priscilla Glenn (which you should also read -- it's awesome!).  The story was definitely distinct and a refreshing change from other books out there.  I especially loved the ending of the book, which I won't give away, but I'll just say that I REALLY loved that Nadia didn't shy away from anything; she was just so confident, unwavering, and believing.  And, in general, it was super sweet ending -- perfect for the book!

The only thing I would say about this is that I thought the connection that happened between Natalie and Tyler was pretty fast -- or at lease for my taste.  I wish I could have gotten to know the characters better before it jumped into the romance; it would have been nice to ease into why Nadia and Tyler were so attracted to each other and why they felt this particular connection. So...

Overall rating:

Well, 3.5 bookies, cause like I said, I wanted to know the characters a bit more before all the action really started! But I would say I Want it That Way would fall under the "New Adult" genre, so any fans of that, definitely give a read! It's a really sweet story, but I should also mention that it has "adult" (18 years+) stuff involved, I mean, not extreme amount, but enough, so...yeah, just so you know! *wink wink* :D.

The book comes out, I believe August 26th, tomorrow! Another good thing? The book has sequels! As Long As You Love Me and The Shape of My Heart, which come out in September and November respectively!! Ann Aguirre also has a bunch of other fabulous books out there, so check those out too, especially Enclave!  Oooh! And one more thing, I can't wait to read her new book Mortal Danger, which is coming out August, as well! So excited!! :)))

Erin @The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick