Twilight: The Graphic Novel: Volume 2 by Stephenie Meyer (Illustrated by Young Kim)

Hey Everyone!!

So again, it's been a while.  In reality, while I still absolutely love reading, in all honesty it just hasn't been my #1 priority in life.  I have two jobs, go to school twice a week for night classes, have one class online, and have been spending all the access free time I have left, with my boyfriend.  It's been a crazy and exciting last few months, and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

In reality, The Romance Bookie, will in NO MEANS be shut down, but reviews will continue to be slower and slower in going up.  I still read when I can, and once my classes end middle of next month, for the semester, I will have a couple of weeks, where I can just focus on reading whatever my heart desires, during my breaks :).

But anyway, I've been itching to write a review, so I read something pretty quick this morning.  A few weeks ago, I found in a clearance bin, at Rite Aid (a pharmacy), of all places a beautiful hardcover of the second book in the Twilight Graphic Novel series!

So here's my review for Twilight: The Graphic Novel: Volume 2 by Stephenie Meyer and illustrated by Young Kim:

From Goodreads:



Having uncovered the dark secret of her enigmatic classmate, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan embraces her feelings for him, trusting Edward to keep her safe despite the risks. When a rival clan of vampires makes its way into Forks, though, the danger to Bella has never been more real. Will she make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the people dearest to her?

The second volume of Twilight: The Graphic Novel completes the visual adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's worldwide bestselling debut novel and is a must-have for any collector's library.

My Thoughts:

I reviewed the first volume in the graphic series a few months back (you can find the HERE), and something I noticed with Volume 2 was that the adaptation actually sort of incorporates both the original book but also some of the movie changes.  An example would be, remember how at the end of the original book, when Jacob comes to Bella's prom, and tells her that his dad offered him the last part for his Rabbit, if he came to the prom and told Bella a message?  Well, in the movie they changed it to $20, instead of the part.  In the graphic novel, they also put it as $20 instead of the part.

Which, okay...I guess.

Okay, honestly, that bothers me a little.  But whatever, nothing I can do to change it.

What I did like were the drawings describing in more detail some of the events from the book.  For instance, in the book they definitely talked about, but it was somewhat vague, on when James explains what happened to Alice.  In the graphic novel, Young Kim drew out the flashback of Alice's story, which was a wonderful addition to the book.

Overall rating:



While, to be honest, my fandom for this series, has gone way down from what it was back in 2008-2012, I still truly enjoy this series.  It's not one of my favorites anymore, mainly because of some of the poor choice of comments based on her fans, from the author, it still holds a close place to my heart.

This book was shortened quite a bit, a few things were left out; but all in all, both volumes are an excellent addition to any Twilight fans collection!  I already have a spot on my Twilight shelf, where it will fit in perfectly.

Thanks everyone! And I hope to be back soon! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick