Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins

Hey Everyone!

Wow, we are sure getting close to that New Year aren't we?  THREE more days left of 2014!! I just can't believe it!

And let me just say, I couldn't have chosen a better book to end my 2014 reading time on!

Isla and the Happily Ever After, the third and last book in the Anna and the French Kiss Series by Stephanie Perkins.

From Goodreads:


Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? 

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.

My Thoughts:

Wow, I can't even tell you how much I have loved this series! Stephanie Perkins has a way of creating these lives of these teenagers, that is so incredible to watch come alive.  They each have the most incredible stories, and I have loved every single minute of it!

Isla and the Happily Ever After, follow Isla (pronounced "Eye-La") and Josh as they discover that while they've both living separate lives in the same boarding school in France, they have both had hidden feelings for one another.  When they are finally given the chance to be together, and explore those feeling, a love story forms that will have readers hooked onto each and every single page.  

My one and only complaint, which I chose to ignore throughout the entire book, was how short of a time Isla and Josh were actually together and how strong their feelings were.  I'm not saying it is not possible, but a month and already saying "I love you so much" and doing other things (;)), is sure to leave the insecurities that Isla felt.

However, do not misinterpret that that means I didn't like the book...in fact, I LOVED it!  While I read some reviews online, that had people saying how annoyed they thought Isla was, I personally really thought getting into her head and learning about her insecurities was wonderful!  I mean, yes it sucked she was going through them, but honestly it made me feel not so alone, in my own insecurities.  I loved every single minute of it!  

Overall rating:

Stephanie has this way of writing that makes everything feel so real and yet still gives the reader that Happily Ever After they are craving.  This was just the book I needed to end my reading year on a good note! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I really liked this one too, it was my favorite of the series actually D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick