Meg-A Readers 2015 Week 3 Recap! Review of "Nicola and the Viscount"

Hey Everyone!!



I can't believe it's already Week 3 of Meg-A Readers! Only two more weeks left!

Sorry today's post is a little late, I worked straight through today, and this is the first I've been able to have a few minutes while still at work.

For today I have a review of Meg Cabot's historical romance Nicola and the Viscount!

From Goodreads:

Nicola always gets what she wants.

Nicola Sparks, sixteen and an orphan, is ready to dive headlong into her first glittering London society season. She's also ready to dive headlong into the arms of handsome and debonair Lord Sebastian Bartholomew. Nicola's dream is a proposal from the viscount--a dream she's about to realize at last! So naturally, Nathaniel Sheridan's insinuations about her fiance's flawed character annoy her mightily.

But when Nicola's natural curiosity gets the best of her, she begins to piece together a few things for herself. To her great surprise, Nicola realizes she's had the wrong viscount all along . . . but is it too late to make things right?

My Thoughts:

This is the third historical romance I've read by Meg Cabot, including Ransom My Heart and Victoria and the Rogue, and while they are quite different from Meg's other stuff, mainly because of the time setting, I could definitely see Meg's humor and writing in the novel!

Nicola has quite the sense of humor at times, which I really enjoyed.  She was strong, independent, yet still elegant!

I will admit at times she bugged me, especially at the beginning, during her obsession with "The God", aka Lord Sebastian.  Personally, I thought from the beginning he sounded like a tool, and I would have totally gone for Nathaniel, aka Mr. Hottie with a attitude!

I loved the time setting, Meg must have put a lot of research into her historical romances.  The vocabulary used in the dialogue, the clothing pieces described, the settings...all sounded very detailed and from I could tell accurate.

Overall rating:



I would definitely recommend it!  It's something different, if you're not usually into Historical Romances, because it has Meg's incredible humor!

Definitely check it out if you get a chance!

Amazon has it available in Kindle, and used paperbacks.  And Barnes and Noble via Nook.  The paperbacks are a little hard to find brand new now-a-days.  I've had to order mine through the marketplaces of Amazon.

So check it out!


So now to the Recap!

Deanna over at Deanna Writes has a review of the Audiobook of Jinx!  One of Meg's cute paranormal teen novels!

And then Akilah over at The Englishist has posted a Meg Cabot Appreciation Post!

And then my awesome co-host, Diana over at Little Miss Drama Queen has posted reviews for The Princess Diaries book 6-10!


So that's it for this week's recap!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick